While it’s important to give a formal apology in person when you’ve messed up, it’s also good to follow up with a phone call or text to remind your spouse how sorry you really are.
Sending “I’m sorry” texts shows you’re trying to rebuild trust and repair your relationship. These texts are to help inspire a more in depth conversation. Just be sure to make them personal.
- I’m sorry for avoiding our issues. I’m sorry for not showing up and working on our marriage, especially when you’ve needed me. I’m sorry for neglecting your feelings.
- I want you to know that I love you and take responsibility for the words I said. I promise I’ll work on thinking before I speak.
- Angry is ugly, forgiveness is sexiness. Forgive me please?
- I’m apologizing because I value our relationship more than my ego. I’m so sorry my love.
- I am extremely sorry for hurting you yesterday and want your forgiveness. I love you.
- I don’t know what to say but to apologize for being such a jerk. I hope you can eventually look beyond this mistake and forgive me.
- I feel like the worst person in the whole world. I’m truly sorry and want you to know that you didn’t deserve that.
- I want you to know that I am willing to get help for our marriage. I will do whatever it takes to make sure we are happy and thriving.
- I need you in my life and I’m very sorry about last night.
- If I could, I would take back all the things I did to hurt you. But since I can’t, please consider forgiving me. I want us to work on healing our marriage.
- You need to know that I was a fool. I allowed my pride to get the best of me. I forgot that you are on my side. That you are my best friend. I love you so much.
- I love that you help me become a better person. I need you in my life. You are my everything.
- You are the kindest person I have met. Forgive this fool who can’t live without you.
- I know forgiving me will take time and is a process. I am waiting patiently. You’re worth it. We’re worth it.
- You mean the world to me and I want to do everything I can to make up to you for last week. Let me know if there’s anything I can do or say that will show you how much I am sorry.
- I’m sorry for putting work before our marriage. It’s not healthy and it’s making you feel unimportant. Please forgive me.
Reposted with permission. Read the original post here.
Subscribe For Email Updates
Did you like this blog post? Want to get our latest monthly blogs delivered directly to your email inbox?
Sign up and we will add you to our email list! And we won't send you and spam—we promise.