Ladies, be curious about your husband. Ditch the obligatory “How was your day?” and replace it with unique, thought provoking, open-ended questions. Demonstrating genuine interest in your husband and opening dialogue shows that you care and enhances one of the joys of marriage — the sharing of lives.
Plan a date night or find some time for you guys to be uninterrupted to focus on each other.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- What is your favorite part of our marriage?
- What is one of your career goals that you want to tackle in the next 10 years?
- What is your favorite restaurant and why?
- If you could drive one car for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is one of your dreams that I can help you achieve?
- What makes you feel overwhelmed at work?
- Which would be the hardest to give up: coffee or carbs?
- What is your best memory of our dating years?
- What could I do to make you feel more respected?
- What are 5 practical ways that I can show my love for you?
- If you gave money to charity, which one would you pick and why?
- How do you like to be kissed?
- What’s a new hobby you’d like to try?
- What is one bad habit you need to break but you don’t want to?
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- What did your parents teach you that you appreciate now?
- Describe to me your ideal day?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What would you like more of in our marriage?
- How can I show you that I am listening to you?
- Who is someone that inspires you to be a greater man?
- What can I do to make you feel more confident in our future?
- What can I do for you this week to make your life easier?
- How often would you like to go out on a date night?
- What is your favorite thing about your personality?
- What mutual goal would you like to see us accomplish?
- What is something you would like us to do to invest in our marriage this year?
- What’s one thing I can say more often to show you that I respect you?
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
For those of you wives who took the time and asked these questions, how did it go? Were you surprised by their answers? Did you feel more connected to your husband? Was there a specific question/response that stood out to you?
Reposted with permission. Read the original article here.
Casey and Meygan Caston are the founders of Marriage365, and the authors of Naked Dinners and Communication That Connects.
Subscribe For Email Updates
Did you like this blog post? Want to get our latest monthly blogs delivered directly to your email inbox?
Sign up and we will add you to our email list! And we won't send you and spam—we promise.